Thursday, August 26, 2010

DAY 39: Well, Isn’t This A Fine Kettle Of Fish!

I went to see my doctor today. I found out that after one month of watching what I eat and going to the Y at least 3-4 times a week (and actually doing the exercises, not just driving there, making a U-turn and then driving home), my weight has…. Wait for it…  Gone UP by 2 pounds.

When stuff like this happens to me I get very discouraged. I say to myself that I should just give it up. I should just throw in the towel, admit that this is the way I look and I should just get used to it.

They say the older you get the harder it is to lose weight. They say that certain prescription drugs can sabotage your weight loss efforts. And they say that inside every fat girl there is a skinny girl screaming to get out.

As it turns out, my inner skinny girl is a bitch who loves to quote Lady Macbeth. I hear her right now, shouting loud and clear in my ear. She’s saying:

“Screw your courage to the sticking place, and we shall not fail!”

Well, Lady Macbeth, you win. No more Mrs. Nice Guy! I am going to get religious about this diet and exercise thing (and not just on Christmas and Easter!).

So bring it on, inner skinny bitch. Bring it on!

And you out there, if anybody's reading this, don’t forget to fasten your seat belts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride!

Peace/Love,
Betsy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for this awesome blog post. I like it so much keep working and posting variety of articles.

    mlance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, no wonder you stopped blogging. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete