Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 12: Que Sera, Sera... Whatever Will Be, Will Be...

I am definitely not feeling the love (of exercise) today. Not that I ever did, but I'm trying to keep a positive face on my predicament. It's been 12 days since my mind tripped fantastically on the insane idea of exercising every day for the next 365 days. What in the world was I thinking?


I could have made my promise just to myself, not letting anyone in on the secret, and when the whole thing came crashing down upon my head, I could have just forgotten about it. But then I had the bright idea to "blog about it." Put it out there for everyone to see! Although, no one really seems to have read my blog as of yet; so far it looks like I'm the only visitor. But maybe that will change. Or maybe not. I'm prepared for anything.


But I don't mind telling you that I am a little bothered by the fact that I don't feel any different, even after 12 consecutive days of 'break a sweat' exercise and sensible food choices. My husband says that I think of my journey so far as twelve long days, when really I should be thinking 'it's only been twelve days.' I guess I'll have to take my own advice from Day 1 of my blog: "If you can't change something, then change the way you think about it."



I'm going to keep on with my quest toward becoming fit, even though there's no visible light at the end of this tunnel, but I have to say that I'm glad it's the weekend. Saturday and Sunday I swim instead of going to the gym. And that will be a nice change.


Peace/Love,
Betsy

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great goal! I am working for the company that just published "You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren. When I came across your tweets I immediately felt like this book would probably make your plan a little easier. Lauren trained U.S. Special Operations with the body weight exercises in the book, so they have been proven over and over. However, they can be adjusted for any fitness level and are paired with great nutritional advice. Best of all the book explains why doing these exercises for just 30 minutes a day is incredibly effective. Check out the book at marklauren.com and if you are interested email me at abbkaiser@cox.net and I will get a free copy sent to you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete